IVORY COAST & BENIN – FALL 2016
(SATURATE WEST AFRICA – PHASE 2)
In 2016, World MAP began the “Saturate West Africa” campaign. This is a four year commitment to the equipping of pastors in West Africa through leadership training seminars and the distribution of The Shepherd’s Staff.
- Rapid spread of the Gospel, lack of trained leadership
- Disunity and tribalism
- Muslim persecution and intense spiritual opposition
- Shepherd’s Staff mailings obstructed
- Multiple World MAP seminars in 8 Phases over 4 years
- Large quantities of Shepherd’s Staffs pre-shipped and given directly to pastors
- Ongoing prayer and intercession for West Africa
- Phase 1 & 2 are complete– 15 seminars for 7,500 pastors in 14 cities!
- More than 13,500 Shepherd’s Staffs have already been given to pastors throughout West Africa!
EQUIPPING LEADERS, CHANGING NATIONS
Saturate West Africa has been so graced and effective! God has given me foundational, apostolic teachings that are both practical and timely. They include: Making Disciples, The Kingdom of God, The Role of the Church, Ministry Anointing and more.
In Fall of 2016 (Phase 2), we conducted eight more seminars in Ivory Coast and Benin.
To begin, our team drove the perilous roads of Ivory Coast some 6 hours north to be with the courageous men and women starting churches and evangelizing – despite heavy Muslim resistance.
With little opportunity for training or even being brought together, the pastors were excited and ready to receive. I shared teachings and led strong times of intercession, during which God’s Spirit released visions, strategies and words for reaching local Muslim communities. It was a great and fruitful time!
We headed on to Benin, a spiritually-dark nation that is the home of voodoo. Animistic forms of demon worship are evident in everyday life. So though the pastors are “spiritual giants” when confronting demonic forces or waging spiritual warfare, their lack of Bible training contributes to imbalance and unsound leadership in other areas.
The teachings were received with hunger and enthusiasm. One leader expressed,
“This is exactly what we needed. If we will implement what we have been taught, it will revolutionize the church in Benin.”
The biggest thrill for me, and for the pastors, is when they receive their own highly-prized Shepherd’s Staff. It means more to the pastors than words can express, and they send their deepest thanks to you who give to provide them.
By Dr. Frank Parrish