2017 July Prayer Corps
Prayer points this month!
- WORLD MAP – Four more countries!
- GLOBAL HOT SPOTS – Immense challenges, and yet…
“But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers” (1 Peter 4:7).
The above verse could easily be – and often is – only interpreted in an apocalyptic way. But the truth is, the “end of all things” is personal for each one of us. There will be a limitation (or “an end”) to what our human effort alone can accomplish; or to what plans or solutions our minds can conceive; or to what our dearest wishes, hopes and dreams can achieve.
Yet, there is One “Who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think” (Eph 3:20). He is the One who both hears and answers when we call upon Him.
Therefore, we should be “serious” and “watchful” in our prayers – along with fervent, Spirit-led, faith-filled and overflowing with thanks, praise and rejoicing – knowing that our God moves into action as we pray. He is unlimited and never-ending in His power, and nothing is too hard for Him!
The countdown is on! Travel plans are now set for the next series of World MAP Pastoral Equipping Seminars in four countries this fall.
Dr. Frank will be in Kenya in September where Maasai pastors in outlying areas will be gathered for worship, teaching and encouragement. The Holy Spirit is moving in Maasai Land, and the pastors are hungry and open to receive all that God has for them.
In October, we begin Phase Four of Saturate West Africa with World MAP seminars for church leaders in Burkina Faso, Guinea and Niger. These powerful “Saturate” events are having a great impact on the pastors, and thus upon the nations of West Africa!
Thank you for praying now for all four of these countries and their church leaders who will be impacted by these strategic events. Pray also for the safe and swift delivery of the Shepherd’s Staff books that are now en route to Kenya for the Maasai Land events.
Will you also please pray for abundant provision for World MAP? That the Holy Spirit would encourage His people to give generously so that the full cost of these important World MAP events will be covered.
GLOBAL “HOT SPOTS”
Myanmar, Ukraine, Syria/Iraq, and North Korea
Any one of the above countries have immense problems: crushing dictatorships, rampant terrorism, religious persecution, bad economies, huge refugee populations, starvation – the list goes on and on.
YET, in each of these nations, the Gospel is still going forth, people are being saved and the church (albeit very underground) continues to grow! Reports continue to reach our ears that show the Spirit of the Living God is continuously revealing Jesus – and the salvation and hope found only in Him – to people struggling to survive and live in unimaginable circumstances.
Please pray for:
- The Spirit of God to be poured out in greater measure, even upon dictators, soldiers, corrupt politicians and police – for their salvation.
- More and more people to be convicted of sin, righteousness and judgment to come (John 16:8-11) and to reveal the love of God in Christ (John 16:13,14).
- Churches to be established (even if underground) and leaders to be raised up who are anointed by the Holy Spirit, taught by the Word of God and His revelation, and faithful to disciple and lead their flocks to follow Jesus.
- Bibles, children’s materials, ministry training materials (like The Shepherd’s Staff!) and more to be successfully smuggled in under the “blinded eyes” of secret police, customs officials, and government censors.
- Protection, wisdom, great grace and boldness for those who know Jesus that they might be His witnesses to friends, family, neighbors and coworkers. Pray that believers be encouraged, strengthened and given fresh hope – even as they are purified in the brutal fires of persecution and trial.
The Lord Jesus, by His Spirit, is on the move in the world of men. Nothing can stop Him, nothing can delay Him, nothing is impossible for Him. Let us move with Him as we serve Him, serve others, and take the time to watch and pray.
To the uttermost,
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish
World MAP Executive Directors