2017 September Prayer Corps
Prayer points this month!
- WORLD MAP – Pastors’ seminars this month!
- MUSLIMS – Finding truth?
- SOUTHERN U.S. – Record rainfall and flooding
“Ask of me and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession” (Ps 2:8).
The entirety of Psalm Chapter 2 is a prophetic Messianic Psalm. The day will come when Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords, will receive and rule over all the kingdoms of the earth, both physical and spiritual (Rev 11:15).
As “heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ” (Rom 8:17; Eph 1:3-23) we have been given a great privilege. This privilege is also a profound responsibility: To be much, fervently and without ceasing in prayer. We are to ask the Father for the nations of the earth!
- Some are called to go and must heed that call.
- Not all can ‘go’, but many can give.
- Some cannot give, but all can pray!
The ministry of World MAP is made fruitful and effective by the prayers of the saints – YOU! And this ministry fulfills its God-appointed mission by the power of the Holy Spirit and by what the saints so generously supply.
Let us remember that all of this is for one purpose: To bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to all peoples (nations), that they may come to the foot of His throne and acknowledge Him as Savior and Lord, the only One worthy of all glory, honor, dominion and power, forever and ever. Amen!
WORLD MAP SEMINARS
This month, Dr. Frank will be conducting seminars for Maasai pastors in Kenya, joined by Dr. Stan Fleming of GateBreaker Ministries. God is moving powerfully among the Maasai people, and the area pastors are hungry for teaching and a fresh touch of God’s Spirit among them. Please pray for these events this month!
Then in October, Dr. Frank will conduct Phase Four of Saturate West Africa with seminars for pastors in Burkina Faso, Guinea and Niger. These Saturate events are a tremendous blessing and encouragement to church leaders, who are in turn impacting the nations of West Africa!
Please pray for:
- The Holy Spirit to fall upon the pastors at each seminar; and for all demonic forces and strategies to be bound and cast away.
- The teachings to be freshly anointed and presented with clarity and prophetic discernment.
- The translators to be given a fresh anointing as well, and the supernatural ability to translate the teachings with clarity into the native languages.
- Grace, health, strength, fresh anointing and safety for the ministry team and all those serving to make these important seminars possible.
- All details, flights, transportation, meeting places, sound systems, equipment, etc, to be orchestrated by the Lord and function in divine order without distraction or failure.
1. MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD
From the end of August into early September, millions of Muslims from around the world will venture forth on a five-day journey beginning at the city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia. Islam requires all Muslims to make this trip, known as the hajj, at least once in their lifetime.
At this time of spiritual seeking and reflection, some Muslims have actually experienced dreams of, and even supernatural encounters with, Jesus Christ while fulfilling the religious requirements of their faith.
Please pray for:
- Muslims who are seeking to know God to have divine visions and dreams of the Living Jesus while they are on the hajj.
- Muslims to sense the emptiness of serving just spiritual rituals and requirements; to be freed from deception, with their eyes and ears opened to the truth of the Gospel.
- Laborers who will reach out to Muslims and share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit to convict and draw Muslims to repentance and salvation through Jesus Christ.
2. THE SOUTHERN UNITED STATES
Hurricane Harvey blasted the southern United States in late August, and may be one of the worst storms in US history. Record flooding in Texas and other parts of the south forced tens of thousands of people to flee their homes or be rescued when up to 4 feet (1.3 meters) of rain fell in just a few days. Houses, buildings and roadways were destroyed – it is estimated that more than 500,000 vehicles alone were ruined in flood waters.
Though the rainfall is lessening, it will be weeks before flood waters recede. People are without power in many locations, and there are shortages of clean water, medicine, and safe and dry emergency accommodations in the worst-affected areas. Many people have lost everything they own, and have nowhere to go.
The clean-up efforts will take months if not years, with extensive damage to housing, schools, churches, businesses, sewers, roadways and other key infrastructure.
Many churches and charities are receiving donations to help those affected. But please be diligent to ensure the charity to which you are giving is legitimate and has a proven record of good stewardship.
Please pray for:
- Generous giving to provide needed supplies and to help with rebuilding.
- Wisdom and sound strategy for emergency and relief workers; that they would be sustained in strength and health.
- Safety and swift provision for all those displaced; for peace, order and plans for restoration to be quickly established.
- This event to remind people of the fragile nature of life on this planet and that the things of this earth will quickly pass away; and of course the importance of knowing God and receiving salvation through Jesus Christ.
- The Church to rise and serve those in need with both practical help and spiritual encouragement through prayer.
As you pray for the nations of the earth this month, please know that you are actively and powerfully participating in “gaining for the Lamb the due reward of His suffering.”
For Jesus’ sake and glory,
Frank and Wendy Parrish