Change nations by praying with us monthly about global events and pressing concerns for World MAP’s ministry – Emailed once a month.
Key Prayer Points:
- PERU – Pastors’ seminar happening now!
- IRAN – Persecution grows the Church
- SRI LANKA – Violent attacks ignite revival
“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving” (Colossians 4:2; see also Romans 12:12; Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 1:19; 2Timothy 1:3; 1Peter 4:7).
There is a vast number of verses in the New Testament that reference prayer – everything from “My house shall be called a house of prayer” (Matt 21:13) to the “golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints” (Rev 5:8; also 8:3,4).
Taking time to read through these verses about prayer can bring instruction, inspiration, faith and encouragement to remain persistent in prayer!
We do not always see with our eyes how much our prayers are accomplishing. Our fast-paced world demands answers fast – and we are tempted to give up if we do not quickly see the results we want. But we must remember that God’s hand is moving in response to our prayers even when we can’t see it. When we pray, things happen! But if we give up praying, what does not happen?
When gathering together the many precious verses in scripture about prayer, one truth keeps emerging – do not give up! Keep praying, even if our sowing is with tears. For as certain as our God is just and righteous, the day will come when there will be joyous reaping.
God hears every prayer of His beloved children, and saves them up; even the short ones we simply breathe out when many words do not come. So let us persist in prayer – with thanksgiving and praise, which guard our hearts from doubt, impatience and frustration – as we wait for sure and righteous answers from our loving Father God.
PRAY WITH US THIS MONTH!
1. WORLD MAP IS RIGHT NOW IN PERU!
Frank Parrish and Jorge Lara (World MAP’s Media Coordinator) are in Peru! [They are traveling July 30 through August 9.] Thank you for praying daily as Frank ministers the Word to pastors and key leaders. Every pastor attending will also receive their own Shepherd’s Staff, World MAP’s 1,000-page ministry equipping book.
The theme of the conference is, “The River of God.” May the Holy Spirit be poured out like rivers upon the leaders and upon the nation of Peru!
Following the seminar, Frank and Jorge will travel upriver by boat to visit a number of villages and witness firsthand the work of God through the many local churches. They will meet with, encourage and pray for the village pastors, and give out Shepherd’s Staffs to them as well.
Please Pray for:
- All travel to be graced and ordered by the Holy Spirit, without delays, problems or harm (including their luggage and supplies).
- The Holy Spirit to pour out fresh anointing for ministry, healing, deliverance and more!
- Pastors to be ready to receive all that God has for them, and for the implanted Word to be shared and multiplied in fruitfulness.
- Pastors to have fresh revelation of truth, direction and vision from the Word of God, and recognize their important place in God’s Kingdom in this hour.
- Every strategy or influence of the demonic realm to be bound up and canceled by the powerful name and blood of Jesus Christ.
- Grace, anointing and protection for the ministry team and for the pastors attending.
GLOBAL PRAYER OPPORTUNITIES
(continued on pg. 2)
You may be surprised to learn that Christianity is growing faster in Iran than almost any other country in the world! Millions are turning away from the false religion of Islam and turning toward the true salvation found alone through Jesus Christ.
More people have come to faith in Christ in Iran in the past 40 years than in the previous 1,400 years. All this, while the Iranian government increases persecution against Christians.
Pastors of house churches are being imprisoned and charged as “enemies of the state.” They are being taken to brutal prisons without trial and without access to legal counsel.
You would think that the Christians in Iran would want us to pray for the persecution to stop. But they say, “no!” It is persecution that is growing the Church and spreading the Gospel.
Please Pray for:
- Courage, perseverance and boldness for Believers in Jesus in Iran.
- An outpouring of the Holy Spirit for evangelism with signs, wonders and miracles.
- Key government and military officials to come to faith in Christ.
- The Church to continue to be a solid testimony of Jesus, even in the midst of severe persecution (Acts 4:29-31).
2. SRI LANKA
Several months ago, churches were devastated by suicide bombers. More than 250 people died, with 500+ wounded. Yet, since then, the Church in Sri Lanka has entered into what could only be called, “true revival!”
Believers in Jesus have responded to the hate and violence with love and forgiveness. Even the religious leaders of Muslim and Buddhist faiths have reacted with awe and amazement at the grace-filled response of Christians.
The result has been a powerful testimony raised in the island nation, with many coming to churches to find this Jesus who has turned tragedy into a God-glorifying triumph!
Please Pray For:
- Continued favor on the Church as they are making a far more public declaration of their faith and meeting openly.
- Hearts across Sri Lanka to be opened to the Gospel.
- Boldness, love and anointing for Christians, that they might proactively share their faith.
Prayer is one of the highest callings of every Christ-follower. May we enter into the gates of His “house of prayer” with praise, joy and faith-filled anticipation for all God will do as we pray!
Praying with you!
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish