You may be surprised to learn that Christianity is growing faster in Iran than almost any other country in the world! Millions are turning away from the false religion of Islam and turning toward the true salvation found alone through Jesus Christ.
More people have come to faith in Christ in Iran in the past 40 years than in the previous 1,400 years. All this, while the Iranian government increases persecution against Christians.
Pastors of house churches are being imprisoned and charged as “enemies of the state.” They are being taken to brutal prisons without trial and without access to legal counsel.
You would think that the Christians in Iran would want us to pray for the persecution to stop. But they say, “no!” It is persecution that is growing the Church and spreading the Gospel.
Please Pray for:
- Courage, perseverance and boldness for Believers in Jesus in Iran.
- An outpouring of the Holy Spirit for evangelism with signs, wonders and miracles.
- Key government and military officials to come to faith in Christ.
- The Church to continue to be a solid testimony of Jesus, even in the midst of severe persecution (Acts 4:29-31).
2. SRI LANKA
Several months ago, churches were devastated by suicide bombers. More than 250 people died, with 500+ wounded. Yet, since then, the Church in Sri Lanka has entered into what could only be called, “true revival!”
Believers in Jesus have responded to the hate and violence with love and forgiveness. Even the religious leaders of Muslim and Buddhist faiths have reacted with awe and amazement at the grace-filled response of Christians.
The result has been a powerful testimony raised in the island nation, with many coming to churches to find this Jesus who has turned tragedy into a God-glorifying triumph!
Please Pray For:
- Continued favor on the Church as they are making a far more public declaration of their faith and meeting openly.
- Hearts across Sri Lanka to be opened to the Gospel.
- Boldness, love and anointing for Christians, that they might proactively share their faith.
Prayer is one of the highest callings of every Christ-follower. May we enter into the gates of His “house of prayer” with praise, joy and faith-filled anticipation for all God will do as we pray!
Praying with you!
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish