Change nations by praying with us monthly about global events and pressing concerns for World MAP’s ministry – Emailed once a month
Last month, I wrote to you about the marvelous move of God around the world, and the great Harvest of souls being gathered from every nation.
Are we experiencing the final Harvest before “the end”? Of course, no one knows that answer. But here is what we do know: Every day that we live, we are one day closer to the Lord’s return! So we must be about our Father’s business daily, sharing the Gospel both near and far.
Why? Because Jesus asked us to do this! (Mark 16:15). And Jesus promised that when His Gospel – the Gospel of the Kingdom – is preached to every people group, the “end will come” (Matthew 24:14).
ARE WE IN DECLINE?
As I mentioned last month, Christianity is the largest and fastest growing faith in the world, with more than 2.4 billion followers. Yet, it appears that the Church in the West is in decline. If this is the case, we should prayerfully be asking why this is happening and what can be done.
The media smugly reports declining numbers in western churches. It seems the younger generation is rejecting faith, even turning their backs on Christ. Atheism is promoted in education, and many youth seem to hate even the idea of God’s existence. We can begin to feel growing fear and even frustration for a lost generation.
But the reality is actually very different! Yes, people in the West are leaving churches. However, they are often leaving the churches that are full of religious form but devoid of genuine spiritual life.
Churches that are faithful to the Word of God and calling others to true discipleship are actually growing! Those who are pursuing God’s presence in Spirit-filled worship and promoting evangelism, along with serving the poor and needy, are drawing in the younger generation.
This is a day when there is much cultural confusion, darkness and deception. But the boldly declared truth of Jesus Christ and His Gospel will pierce that darkness and shed light to those bound in darkness.
We must not lose heart! In every generation, the youth test the faith of their parents – even seemingly reject it. But God is faithful to ALL generations! He will always raise up voices that will be heard and understood by the next generation. Every generation needs a fresh and powerful visitation of God’s Spirit, and He will be faithful to give it!
Let us take the burden we feel for this generation (which is God’s burden in us) coupled with our faith in our unfailing Father, and go to prayer!
- A fresh and powerful outpouring of the Holy Spirit and a revival in His Church; and for this generation to rise and respond to God’s calling.
- The Church to awaken from our comfort and complacency to seek the Lord and pursue the lost – and to intercede regularly for the purposes of God for this generation.
- Young leaders in the Church to rise up, who can speak the language of this generation, and boldly declare the clear claims of the Gospel without compromise.
- The release of a “fathering spirit” in the hearts of older believers, who will stand with and disciple a younger generation in their maturity, experience and wisdom.
- Every evil opposition to the truth of the Gospel, and every deception set against this generation, to be cast down and brought to nothing.