Key Prayer Points:
- VENEZUELA – A country in collapse
- R. CONGO – Ebola breakout
In one of His parables, Jesus highlighted the power of persistence in prayer (Luke 18:1-8). He also compared an unjust judge (without morals or the fear of God) with our loving heavenly Father Who answers our cries with absolute love, wisdom, power and perfect timing.
Jesus ends this parable with a question, “Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (v. 8). What could this mean?
Today, it would be an obvious understatement to say that our lives are crowded, overly busy and full of distractions. How easy it is to allow our faith and our persistent, ongoing prayer – or sometimes any prayer at all – to be pushed aside because of:
- Distractions and obligations
- Activities and responsibilities
- Impatience (or self-reliance)
- Unbelief (or lack of trust)
- Discouragement (where is my answer?)
- And so much more
In the face of all that life holds today, we really only have one option: We must choose to make an unalterable priority of prayer. Prayer must be the non-negotiable thing we do every single day; and everything else in our life must alter, change or adjust around it.
Making time to seek the Lord and spend time in His presence must come first, and must be protected. We will never grow in faith, overcome trials, be truly fruitful, be led by the Spirit or fulfill God’s will for our lives without prayer.
Of course, prayer is more than just giving God a list of our needs – although He certainly knows and cares about those things (Matt 6:8). Prayer is about lifting those needs and concerns (and those of others) to God, and leaving them with Him in faith. It is about seeking Him until He has settled a matter in our hearts. It is about listening to the Holy Spirit to ask what God would ask, so that His Kingdom would come and His will would be done. And that takes time.
When the Son of man comes to you, will He find faith? He will if you have spent time in His presence in prayer:
- allowing your life to be filled with faith and trust in Him;
- letting Him reveal your heart and transform you as you repent and obey His Word;
- having your desires aligned with His for both you and His purposes;
- having your trust and belief strengthened in order to do whatever He would ask of you; and,
- receiving a heart that truly reflects what is in the heart of God.
WORLD MAP PRAYER
We are thrilled that the first set of World MAP Teaching Videos will be available very soon! More information on how to access these videos will be coming your way shortly. Even so, please pray with us as we record even more teachings, and as God unfolds His desires and plans for this growing resource.
In addition, we have in development many new written materials for pastors, as well as the ongoing ministry of Shepherd’s Staff distribution, pastors’ seminars and more.
(continued on pg.2)
We so value – and absolutely need – your prayers for us in these critical days. As the darkness seems to be ever-increasing in the earth, we know the Light of Truth will shine even brighter through those who are ready to declare with boldness the Gospel of Jesus Christ and make disciples of all nations! (Matthew 5:14-16; 28:19; Philippians 2:15)
Political and social unrest are escalating as the fight continues for who will be the acting president of Venezuela. In recent years, under socialist and corrupt President Maduro, the once prosperous nation has greatly deteriorated. Millions have fled the country, while those who remain suffer from skyrocketing inflation, starvation, crushing poverty, joblessness and despair. Desperation has led to rioting and violent clashes in the streets.
Recent elections were riddled with fraud, so Juan Guaido declared himself as acting president. Global tensions are on the rise as many nations are taking sides as to who should be recognized as the current president, Maduro or Guaido. There is pressure for Venezuela to hold a new and more fair election to try and resolve the standoff.
Please pray for:
- Stability, peace and calm to be established.
- A righteous resolution to the political battle for power.
- Order to be restored and practical aid swiftly given (food, medicine, etc)
- Christians to raise their voices as influences for righteousness, and to be bold to share the Gospel in the midst of the despair.
- God’s purposes to be restored for the nation of Venezuela.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
There is a recent outbreak of Ebola in DR Congo. More than 680 cases of this deadly disease have been reported, with 400 deaths.
The outbreak is concentrated in a heavily jungled area in the north. Primitive conditions, poor roads and rebel forces make it difficult to access and treat those infected, and to help contain the spread of the disease.
There is also a shortage of the vaccine that would help contain the spread of the highly-contagious Ebola virus.
Please pray for:
- Effective containment strategies to stop the spread of Ebola
- Adequate medical staff and safe transportation solutions
- Swift provision of more Ebola vaccine
- The cooperation and assistance of the local population, including rebel forces
- The Gospel to be preached and practical help to be ministered in Jesus’ name to those affected
To be a true child of God is to have His heart and His perspective. Are you willing to have your heart broken for what breaks God’s heart? To rise in glorious hope, knowing there is nothing impossible with God? To persistently pray with faith believing that He will answer your prayers?
He invites us all today, and every day, to join Him in this greatest of all adventures into eternity – partnering with God to see His Kingdom come and His will be done!
Praying with you,
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish