Key Prayer Points:
- VENEZUELA – A country in collapse
- R. CONGO – Ebola breakout
In one of His parables, Jesus highlighted the power of persistence in prayer (Luke 18:1-8). He also compared an unjust judge (without morals or the fear of God) with our loving heavenly Father Who answers our cries with absolute love, wisdom, power and perfect timing.
Jesus ends this parable with a question, “Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (v. 8). What could this mean?
Today, it would be an obvious understatement to say that our lives are crowded, overly busy and full of distractions. How easy it is to allow our faith and our persistent, ongoing prayer – or sometimes any prayer at all – to be pushed aside because of:
- Distractions and obligations
- Activities and responsibilities
- Impatience (or self-reliance)
- Unbelief (or lack of trust)
- Discouragement (where is my answer?)
- And so much more
In the face of all that life holds today, we really only have one option: We must choose to make an unalterable priority of prayer. Prayer must be the non-negotiable thing we do every single day; and everything else in our life must alter, change or adjust around it.
Making time to seek the Lord and spend time in His presence must come first, and must be protected. We will never grow in faith, overcome trials, be truly fruitful, be led by the Spirit or fulfill God’s will for our lives without prayer.
Of course, prayer is more than just giving God a list of our needs – although He certainly knows and cares about those things (Matt 6:8). Prayer is about lifting those needs and concerns (and those of others) to God, and leaving them with Him in faith. It is about seeking Him until He has settled a matter in our hearts. It is about listening to the Holy Spirit to ask what God would ask, so that His Kingdom would come and His will would be done. And that takes time.
When the Son of man comes to you, will He find faith? He will if you have spent time in His presence in prayer:
- allowing your life to be filled with faith and trust in Him;
- letting Him reveal your heart and transform you as you repent and obey His Word;
- having your desires aligned with His for both you and His purposes;
- having your trust and belief strengthened in order to do whatever He would ask of you; and,
- receiving a heart that truly reflects what is in the heart of God.
WORLD MAP PRAYER
We are thrilled that the first set of World MAP Teaching Videos will be available very soon! More information on how to access these videos will be coming your way shortly. Even so, please pray with us as we record even more teachings, and as God unfolds His desires and plans for this growing resource.
In addition, we have in development many new written materials for pastors, as well as the ongoing ministry of Shepherd’s Staff distribution, pastors’ seminars and more.
(continued on pg.2)