“Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. For it is time to seek the Lord, till He comes and rains righteousness on you” Hosea 10:12.
In this New Year, I hear a fresh call to “seek the Lord.” It is too easy for any of us – but especially those who have walked with the Lord for any length of time – to “coast” or “drift” along in the grace of God, comfortable with where we are in life or in our relationship with Christ. Perhaps we have become “weary in well-doing” or tired of the effort required to grow or serve.
But I sense there are new depths, revelations, visions, divine plans and strategies, gifts and ministries – along with fresh anointing – that God desires to release to His people. But it will only come from His presence! We must take time to seek Him. And He promises to be found if we will seek with our whole heart (Jeremiah 29:13).
A new season of deepened intimacy with God will require something greater from each of us. What was sufficient and acceptable in the past – is past! I hear the Lord calling His own to rise to a new level of dedication as we seek:
- His face, His heart, His Spirit, His Word
- His Person and presence freshly each and every day
- Him (His “face” Ps 27:8), not just his “hand” (what He can do for us)
- With fasting – from food, activities, and in breaking out of our comfort zones
- To be more deeply yielded and surrendered to Him and His will
- To be used by God in a more significant way than ever before, resulting less in the notice and praise of men and more in praise and glory to Him!
Our God does not play “hide and seek” with us. He desires to be found by us. For those who will dedicate themselves to seeking Him in all sincerity – and be satisfied with nothing less – I believe you will enter the greatest and most rewarding time of adventure in your life!
Further Scriptures for meditation and encouragement: Hosea 10:12; 1Chronicles 16:10,11; 2Chronicles 7:14; Psalms 9:10, 27:8, 53:2; Isaiah 26:9, 55:6; Jeremiah 29:13; Matthew 6:33; Titus 2:13
- POWER, BUT PERSECUTION
As the Holy Spirit of God continues to move in great power among the nations, there is a corresponding and rising persecution in these countries in particular: China, India, Indonesia, Nepal, Russia, and all Muslim-dominated nations.
PLEASE PRAY FOR:
- The release of the Holy Spirit in signs and wonders to validate the truth of the Gospel
- Laborers to go into the ripened harvest fields of these nations
- Safety, wisdom, favor and boldness for the Church that is serving the cause of Christ under such difficult circumstances
- THE UNREACHED
Please continue to pray regularly this month for the Unreached and Unengaged People Groups throughout the world – those who have yet to even hear the name of Jesus, let alone know all that He has done for them and offers to them! –continued on page 2