Change nations by praying with us monthly about global events and pressing concerns for World MAP’s ministry – Emailed once a month.
Key Prayer Points:
- PERU – Upcoming Seminar!
- ONGOING PRAYER – Pray With Us
“Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near” (Isaiah 55:6).
This important exhortation from the Old Testament seems to be implying that there may have been times when the Lord could not be found or was not near!
But in the New Covenant, Jesus reveals that for His followers, He has sent a “Comforter” – One that will always be with us because He lives within us (John 14:16,17).
This powerful truth is key to understanding the nature and true power of prayer. Too often, we may pray only in tragedy, or in times of distress or desperate need. Or we may believe prayer is only a memorized ritual, for a set time, or for the “professional” minister. We may even think it is more spiritual to not “bother” God with our needs or concerns.
Yet, the Bible clearly says that we can and should, “pray without ceasing” (1Thess 5:16-18). Jesus emphasized that we are to daily commune with Him in prayer: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me” (John 10:27).
It is such a relief to remember that prayer does not have to be complicated. But it is so much more than a spiritual “formula” or mere religious exercise. Prayer is simply this: a loving communion between the Father and His beloved child. It is placing our faith and trust in the One who knows and loves us best, then sincerely and honestly sharing our heart with Him while He shares His heart with us.
Perhaps that is one of the real lessons Jesus was teaching His disciples when they asked Him to teach them how to pray (Luke 11:1-4).
Though it may seem challenging, to “pray without ceasing” is quite do-able! You can begin this very moment by just speaking out to God the first thing that comes into your heart as a need or concern. Then take time to wait and listen to anything He may say to you in response. Do this often, and you will soon find yourself rejoicing with thanksgiving as you sense His nearness and grow in the assurance that He hears you and is moving to establish His perfect will.
This constant communion of prayer with your Heavenly Father is a key to walking freshly in the Spirit, abiding in the Vine, living an overcoming life, and being mightily used to advance God’s Kingdom on earth!
PRAY WITH US THIS MONTH!
1. WORLD MAP IN PERU
The Lord has opened a wonderful door of ministry in northern Peru. Frank Parrish will be the keynote teacher at a pastors’ conference in early August (on the trip with him will be Jorge Lara, World MAP’s Media Coordinator).
(continued on pg. 2)
Only a generation ago, the Shapra Indians in this region were a powerful tribe of headhunters who dominated all of the surrounding tribes. But then the Lord of all tribes, tongues and nations was found by these lost people. Starting with the salvation of their chief, the Gospel spread. Now the Shapras are the evangelists, pastors and missionaries reaching out in love to the peoples they once hunted!
The theme of the seminar is, “The River of God.” May His Spirit be poured out like rivers!
Following the pastors’ seminar, Frank and Jorge will travel upriver by boat to visit a number of villages and witness firsthand the work of God through the many local churches. They will meet with, encourage and pray for the village pastors, and give out Shepherd’s Staffs as well.
Please Pray For:
- A fresh and powerful outpouring of the Holy Spirit at the Peru conference.
- Pastors to be ready to receive all that God has for them, and for the implanted Word to be shared and multiplied in fruitfulness.
- Grace, anointing and protection to be upon the ministry team and the pastors attending.
- Any and all demonic strategies or opposition to be bound and made inoperable by the power of Jesus Name!
- Every pastor to receive a new and greater vision of Jesus their Lord and Savior, and how He desires to use them for His glory and Kingdom!
2. ONGOING PRAYER
There is need for continual prayer for the following nations and/or challenges facing people in our world today.
Please Pray For:
- Muslim Peoples: For them to come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ and salvation as they finish the month of Ramadan (their holy month) and to recognize their emptiness and need of a living Savior!
- The Church in China: Christians in China are experiencing some of the worst persecution since the early days of the cruel communist rule of Mao Tse Tung.
- The Homosexual Communities worldwide: God alone is the One who is able to transform lives and heal the wounds that lead people into self-destructive behavior. Any willing person can be liberated from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ (1Cor 6:9-11). Pray earnestly for the release of those bound in the deception of a homosexual lifestyle (James 5:16). Pray for the Holy Spirit to be loosed, convicting them of “sin, righteousness and judgment to come” (John 16:8-11). Pray for a genuine revelation of the love of God for them displayed in what Jesus did for all people at the Cross. God has so much more purpose for them than the life they are choosing; pray for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done among those bound in homosexuality.
We, as believers in Jesus Christ, are destined – both now and through eternity – to rule and reign with our risen Savior and King. The place we learn to do that best, and to actually put it into practice, is in prayer. So let us walk with Him and abide in Him daily through unceasing prayer, inviting His Kingdom to come and His will to be done in every circumstance and place.
For His is the glory!
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish