Key Prayer Points:
- IRAN – The real story!
- PERSECUTION HOT SPOTS – Praying for grace
- WORLD MAP – Peru Seminar & Shepherd’s Staff printing
“Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications” (Psalm 28:6).
Do you ever have times when you wonder if your prayers are “getting through”? Or if you are saying your prayers correctly, or are even important enough to merit God’s attention?
In those moments, we must remind ourselves that God is not like us – thankfully! He is never overwhelmed or too busy sustaining the universe, nor is He impatient with or bored by the things that concern us.
On the contrary, our Father God delights in hearing from His children. His ear is always turned lovingly toward us because His heart is for us!
We are not alone in our wonderings about prayer. Even David stated, “For I said in my haste, ‘I am cut off from before your eyes’” (Ps 31:22a). Sound familiar? But we also see that David’s faith rises and his personal knowledge of the Lord reasserts a right perspective: “Nevertheless, You heard the voice of my supplications when I cried out to you” (v. 22b).
Clearly, David’s confidence in the Lord was not built on getting answers to all his prayers, or his own timetable. Rather, we see in the Bible that David’s trust was in God Himself (Ps 28:7; 31:24; etc).
David learned to wait on the Lord (Ps 27:14; 37:34; 40:1-3; 62:5; etc). It appears that in his waiting, David focused his attention on knowing personally the One to whom he prayed and offered worship. Also in the waiting, David learned to trust personally in the only One who hears and is willing and able to answer his prayers.
So let us boldly enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise, being confident that our God hears us when we call! And while we are waiting for His answer, we can know He is with us, revealing His heart to us if we will but wait and listen.
PRAY WITH US THIS MONTH!
Much of the news today is focused on growing tensions in Iran both politically and militarily. But the real news is this: In a recent interview, the Iranian Intelligence Minister (Mahmoud Alavi) admitted that Christianity continues to spread in Iran! Yes, even though there is extreme pressure on and persecution of Christians, the Gospel is not stopped!
- Conversion to faith in Christ of the top influential leaders in Iran, whether in government, military, business or education.
- A Spirit-led, strategic, wise boldness for all Christians in Iran as they share their faith.
- The release of signs, wonders and miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit that would accompany the preaching of the Gospel.
- A “holy blindness” to come upon the eyes and minds of those seeking to persecute Christians – that they simply would not see them. Pray also for their hearts to be turned and changed.
2. INTERNATIONAL HOT SPOTS
- Sri Lanka
Terrorism, persecution, government oppression and more continue to strike against the world’s most persecuted group throughout the nations – Christians. (continued on pg. 2)