Key Prayer Points:
- NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER – A wonderful opportunity
- SRI LANKA – Hundreds of Christians murdered
- WORLD MAP – Your prayers mean so much
PRAY WITH US THIS MONTH!
1. NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
May 2 is the annual declared National Day of Prayer. What a privilege to come before the God of heaven and earth with our petitions!
Regardless of the nation you live in, this is a day when believers from around the world come before the Lord:
- In worship and thanksgiving (Psalm 100)
- To seek His face with repentance and renewed surrender (2Chronicles 7:14)
- With fasting and humility before Him (Mark 2:18-20)
- With intercession for all those in authority in government (1Timothy 2:1-6)
- For our cities, nation and other nations (Psalm 2:8), and
- For all those in our sphere of influence, including family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, our church body, and more!
Make plans to join with your family, friends, your church and with whomever else is willing to pray with you. You may want to gather several times during the day, or during the week or even throughout the month of May. The needs today are great; but our God is greater!
Our God delights in hearing from us, and being invited to come in power and do what only He can do in our world! Take this opportunity to ask Him to do just that.
2. SRI LANKA
The Christian community in Sri Lanka has been devastated by recent terrorist attacks. On Easter Sunday, as Christians in this primarily Buddhist nation gathered to worship and celebrate the Risen Jesus, bombs began exploding in churches and even hotels. More than 350 Christians of all ages were murdered, and many hundreds more severely injured.
The majority of the bombs were strapped to suicide bombers from an extremist Islamic terror group. The death toll would have been even higher, but additional bombs discovered were detonated before causing more destruction.
- For peace and comfort for the victims and their families.
- Against the fear and chaos that the enemy of our souls is trying to perpetuate.
- That there will not be violent retaliation, or more innocent lives lost.
- For the Church to rise in prayer, forgiveness and courage to stand in the gap for their fellow countrymen; to continue to be bold to help others and share the Gospel; and have clear vision for how to cooperate with the Holy Spirit to see redemption and gain for Christ’s Kingdom in spite of this horror.
- For wisdom for the Sri Lankan government as they respond to this tragedy; and that politics or selfish agendas will not create further disharmony.
- That those responsible would be caught and brought to justice, and that peace and order would be quickly restored.
3. WORLD MAP
If you have not yet had the chance, please take a moment to check out World MAP’s newly released Video Teachings for equipping church leaders! These will provide a wonderful opportunity to go far beyond where our ministry teams alone can go – and offer even more efficient and economical means for equipping pastors and multiplying Bible-based ministry training to the nations.
(continued on pg. 2)
Every week, a new segment of an Audio/Video teaching for equipping pastors (and an accompanying outline/worksheet) is released online.
We invite you to view this wonderful new resource by using this link: https://bit.ly/2EmkhKf or visit our website for a link to the video teachings.
Thank you for praying with us as we continue to produce, record and edit many more Bible-based teachings for leaders!
We are also developing a very large written leadership training project, so we covet your prayers for this important work as well.
The greatest privilege and responsibility for followers of Christ is to pray and to intercede on behalf of others. It is our God alone – the only living God – who hears and answers the cries and requests of His children (Psalm 5:1-3).
So let us faithfully and diligently lift our voices as He has asked us to, for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven!
Lifting our voices with you!
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish