Change nations by praying with us monthly about global events and pressing concerns for World MAP’s ministry – Emailed once a month
In the West, it is a season of celebrating harvest time. But there is a much greater Harvest that is resulting in a heavenly celebration!
On October 6 of this year, 630 people were baptized into a new life in Christ in a muddy river in Thailand – a traditionally Buddhist country. This was just the most recent expression of a two-year long church planting and disciple-making effort of just one ministry in that nation!
In Iran, a far more difficult place for the church to even exist, the Church of Jesus Christ is growing! Though there are fewer than 20 public Christian churches in the entire country (they are closely monitored by the Islamic government), there are innumerable “underground churches,” each with 8-12 people.
It is estimated that there are 800,000 disciples of Jesus in Iran today, but some believe it is far more! [For more on the state of Christianity in Iran, see the YouTube video entitled, “Sheep Among Wolves Pt.2”]
Christianity is the largest and fastest growing faith in the world, with more than 2.4 billion followers. In just the last 20 years, Muslims (10+ million!) have become disillusioned with the hate and violence of Islam, and have converted to faith in Christ – more than at any other point in the history of Islam!
In Vietnam, the Christian population has grown by 600% in just the past 10 years.
And today, Christians are present in every single nation on earth – although there are still people groups within many nations who have never heard the name of Jesus.
Unfortunately, in North America and Europe, many millions are leaving traditional churches and even turning their backs on Jesus Christ.
Why is this happening? There are a number of factors – but there is one critical fact that is too often ignored that I will write to you about next month.
REJOICE IN THE LORD
But for today, let us rejoice in the worldwide ingathering of souls that the Lord of the Harvest is bringing to Himself. May we remember to pray for those newly-saved, that they might be rooted and grounded in love and preserved for Christ’s soon return!
THIS MONTH’S PRAYER POINTS
Two major typhoons in two weeks have brought devastation to this island nation. In such times, people are often more open to the Gospel as they recognize their desperate need.
- The Church to rise up to meet practical needs, and to be bold to freely share the Good News and answers found only in Jesus Christ.
- Wisdom and strategy to ensure that basic resources are accessible and arrive where they are most needed.
- Japan as a nation to renounce their independence from God, and to turn to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Safety for first responders, and help and hope for those displaced by floods and storm damage.
2) MIDDLE EASTERN NATIONS
Pray for Lebanon, Syria and Iran. There is civic unrest, war, terrorism, religious persecution, corruption, profound poverty and oppression of various ethnic groups. These very cruel and challenging circumstances contribute to persistent unrest, conflict, loss of life and political manipulation from both within these countries as well as from other oppressive nations.
- God’s Spirit to be poured out upon these nations and peoples, to grant them repentance and personal revelation of their need for a true and real Savior – Jesus Christ!
- The Church – though persecuted and underground – to continue to prosper with conversion growth and the making of genuine disciples.
- The release of Bibles and ministry training materials to get safely into the hands of the underground churches.
- Government officials and Muslim leaders to come to faith in Jesus Christ!
We truly are in a great and significant season of Harvest in this Church age, as the eternal Kingdom of God unfolds around us. Let us continue to be steadfast and faithful in prayer, in our sharing of the Gospel, and the giving of our lives and resources for His glory alone!
“Only one life ‘twill soon be past; only what’s done for Christ will last!”
Serving His Harvest with you,
Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish