Change nations by praying with us monthly about global events and pressing concerns for World MAP’s ministry – Emailed once a month
“…praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints” (Eph 6:18).
As you are likely aware, there is worldwide concern about a new virus – the coronavirus – that is spreading and infecting more people in more nations, with death tolls rising.
Added to this tragedy is much speculation about the virus and whether or not the truth is being told – about the source of the virus, the number of people actually infected, and more.
Regardless, we must not give in to fear, or just sit idly by as either spectators or speculators.
Instead, as believers in Christ, our FIRST strategic step is always PRAYER! Jesus is greater than any virus! We must heed the admonition in Ephesians 6:18, and receive it as our marching orders for the battle.
Our God will move when we seek His face and intercede for all peoples in all nations. He will give wisdom and direction to us in such times, and to others as well.
Here Is How We Can PRAY:
- For a vaccine preventing contagion to be discovered quickly.
- For necessary resources – including medicines, hospital facilities and medical personnel – to be liberally provided and moved quickly to where most needed.
- For an effective cure to be found for those already infected with the coronavirus.
- For the international community of governments and the leaders of nations to cooperate, without political agenda, pride or impure motives.
- For the Gospel to be boldly presented to those who are sick and dying, and to medical and military personnel as well – for a great Harvest of souls to be reaped into the Kingdom of God in the midst of this outbreak.
- For the Holy Spirit of God to move supernaturally to help contain, curtail and even cure this highly contagious virus.
**Prayerfully consider fasting for a day, or even just a meal, to pray and intercede about this crisis. Fasting is biblical and powerful, and its use and benefits are available to all Christ-followers (2 Chron 7:14; Isa 58:6).
PRAYER POINTS – International
Sudan is trying to recover from years of violence, and horrible religious and ethnic genocide. There is an interim government in place. Pray for a righteous government to be established and the freedom of the Gospel to be preached. The ONLY solution to man’s ills and trials is Jesus truly ruling in the hearts of people.
2. BURKINA FASO
Christians in this nation have experienced three horrific Islamic terror attacks in recent weeks. Please pray for the safety and protection of the Christian community; and for this to be used by God as a testimony to others in drawing them to salvation through Jesus Christ.
Intense rioting has continued in India since December 2019, when India’s Hindu-dominated BJP political party adopted the “Citizenship Amendment Act.” This law severely limits citizenship opportunities for Muslims who are in India illegally, while still allowing other illegal immigrants a pathway to India citizenship.
(continued on pg. 2)