Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins, then was resurrected on the third day. The following facts could be true ONLY of a living Savior Who is presently and eternally reigning in power and glory:
- Christ is Head over all things to the Church (Eph 1:19-23);
- Christ is our High Priest, representing the heavenly Father to us, and representing us to God the Father (Rom 8:27; Heb 2:17; 3:1; 4:14,15; 5:5-11; 6:20; 7:25, 26; 9:11);
- Christ has given spiritual gifts to the Church (Eph 4:8-13);
- Christ, as “the first born from the dead “(Col 1:18), guarantees for all believers a physical resurrection at His second coming, and the same for the rest of humanity at Judgment Day(Acts 17:31; 26 :23; Rom 8:11; 1 Cor 15:20-24,50-52; Phil 3:7- 11; Col 1:18; Rev 20:11- 15). [For more about the final resurrections, see “Doctrine of Last Things”.]
“But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the first fruits pf those who have fallen asleep (died]” (1 Cor 15:20). Hallelujah! Christ is risen! Thus, through every toil, sorrow and tribulation, believers may be confident and joyful – knowing that Christ has conquered death, we are triumphant, and we will rise and reign with Him victorious throughout eternity!
4. The Doctrine of Salvation
Because false religions and cults deny that Christ is God, they also completely reject the fact that Christ’s sacrifice on the Cross provided for mankind’s full salvation.
Of all the glorious works of our Savior, Christ’s death on the Cross in mankind’s place is of supreme importance. In one single act, Christ “wiped out the handwriting [certificate of debt] of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross ” (Col 2:14).”That through [His] death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through f ear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage” (Heb 2:14, 15).
The Cross was not an accident or after thought! God purposed and foreordained His plan of salvation from the moment of man’s fall in the Garden of Eden (Gen 3: 14,15; Acts 2:23,24). Death and eternal separation from a loving God was the consequence of man’s sin. However, God, because of His great love, planned a way for the price to be paid for sin so that mankind would not be separated from Him forever.
The focus of this divine plan was in the Person of Jesus Christ and His substitutionary sacrifice of His life for ours. Christ did for us at the Cross what we could never do. By dying on the Cross for us, Jesus took on the penalty we ourselves deserve. His death paid the ransom for our sin and allowed us to be restored back to God. Hallelujah!
All other religions attempt to gain credibility by pointing to the teachings of their founders. Christianity goes well beyond, because of the supreme importance of the teachings AND the death and resurrection of the Founder!