By Frank and Wendy Parrish
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty!
The truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is setting the captives free in many countries of the world; and the power of God is bringing liberty to those who are oppressed and in bondage.
One of the countries experiencing such liberty in the Spirit is Cuba.
- One Cuban church saw over 7,000 people receive Jesus Christ as Savior just last year.
- Through the 850 churches planted out of this church in the last few years, more than 17,000 have come to Christ in the last twelve months.
Flames of revival are burning brightly in Cuba – and it was upon this scene that our team arrived to encourage those involved in this great move of God!
Signs Of God’s Favor
“¡Cuba para Cristo!” (Cuba for Christ!) continues to ring in our ears – and hearts – even now. We were deeply moved by the Cuban pastors’ passionate and sacrificial love for God and one another.
Our loving Heavenly Father responded to their passionate devotion. We watched firsthand as His Spirit performed wonders, miraculous healings, deliverances and salvations. We thank God for His favor, and the Cuban government for their gracious cooperation in granting religious visas and the permits necessary to hold the meetings.
Making The Impossible Possible
Our international ministry team included team leader Evangelist Al Furey (Australia), and seasoned pastors: Errol Buckle (Australia); Kevin Holland (USA); Dave Olson (Canada); Frank Parrish (USA), President and Director of World MAP; all under the leadership of Pastor “Jose” (Cuban apostle). This year two of the wives, Meg Holland and Wendy Parrish, also joined the ministry team.
World MAP is a major financial sponsor of these strategic conferences for pastors, church leaders and missionaries. In Cuba, people have very little resource; those who work are paid only $10 a month. So the registrants pay nothing to attend the conference, enjoy meals free of charge, and receive a stipend to help with travel expenses. This is a tremendous blessing to them, as it would otherwise be impossible for them to attend.
Experiencing God’s Power First-Hand
These Spirit-filled conferences are a source of strength and encouragement to the church leaders of Cuba. Bringing the pastors together serves them in many ways, especially:
- Showing them that they are not alone as pastors or in ministry. Many live in remote areas and often feel isolated. When they meet, they become connected to fellow church leaders and realize they are all part of a mighty work of God in their nation.
- Breaking down barriers and fostering unity, regardless of affiliation or denomination – or anything else that might divide them.
- Enabling them to experience what God can do when they gather. They can meet to worship God and expect to experience His presence and power as they glorify Him.
- Giving them an opportunity to experience the power of God at a fuller dimension. As they learn that God’s power and love are fully available to them, their expectancy to receive from God is raised.
- Allowing a place for them to be touched, healed, delivered and changed by the power of God through sound teaching and impartation of anointing! Even a single encounter with God’s power and anointing can change a leader for a lifetime – and spur him on to lead others to be equally changed and empowered by God.
To Simply Receive