- The Bible: We believe the Bible to be God-inspired and the only infallible, inerrant, authoritative Word of God upon which Christian doctrine and guidance for living are based (2Tim 3:16,17; 2Pet 1:16-21).
- God: We believe that there is one God as revealed in the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments Who is eternally existent in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (2Cor 13:14). They are coequal in their divine perfection (1John 5:7).
- Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His miracles and earthly ministry; His substitutionary death and atonement through His shed Blood; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His present priestly ministry (Rom 3:25,26; 1Cor 15:3-8; 1Tim 3:16).
- Man: We believe that man was created in the image of God but, as a result of man’s sin and rebellion, is separated from God and under the judgment of sin, which is death (Ezek 18:4,20). Without receiving Christ’s salvation, man’s final destiny is eternal separation from God (Gen 1:26,27; Ps 14:1-3; Rom 6:23; Rev 20:11-15).
- Salvation: We believe that all people are sinful and spiritually lost, and mankind’s only hope of salvation is to believe on Jesus Christ. Therefore, we believe that salvation is totally an act of God’s grace; it cannot be earned or obtained by works, but can only be received through faith in Christ Who died to take upon Himself the penalty for humanity’s sin; and that upon sincere repentance, and a wholehearted acceptance of Christ, we are justified before God and restored to relationship with Him (John 3:16; Rom 3:23; 2Cor 5:21; Eph 2:8; Heb 9:22; 1John 1:9).
- Sanctification: We believe that the change that takes place at conversion, both in the heart and the outward life, is a very real one and that it is the will of God that we be sanctified daily, growing constantly in the faith and experiencing His transforming work (Rom 12:2; 2Cor 3:18; 5:17; Gal 2:20).
- Water Baptism: We believe that water baptism is an outward sign of an inward work and is for all those who have placed their personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, thus bearing witness to the Gospel of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection for us, and our own new life in Him (Matt 28:19; Rom 6:4).
- Communion: We believe in the observance of the Lord’s Supper (Communion) by the symbolic use of the bread and juice of the vine which witnesses to the saving power of the Gospel and to Christ’s presence in His Church, and looks forward to His victorious return (1Cor 11:23-26).
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit: We believe that the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is given to equip the believer with power, and that the experience of His infilling will be after the same manner as experienced by believers in the early Church (Matt 3:11; Luke 24:49; Acts 2:4,33-39). This is a specific experience beyond the Holy Spirit’s entrance into the life of every believer at salvation (John 3:5,6), and empowers those who have received His baptism to be witnesses of God’s saving grace in their manner of life, conduct and speech.
- Spirit-Filled Life: We believe it is the will of God that believers live in the Holy Spirit daily; in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit Who has given supernatural gifts and ministries to believers; that we should show the spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control as evidence of the Spirit-filled life (Acts 19:6; 1Cor 12:8-11; Gal 5:16,22,23; Eph 4:11,30-32).
- Healing: We believe that Jesus Christ heals people today in body, soul and spirit. As Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever, He is both willing and able to heal in response to the prayer of faith, and that healing is obtained on the basis of Christ’s Atonement (Matt 8:1-3,17; Heb 13:8; Jas 5:14-16; 1Pet 2:24).
- The Church: We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ and is composed of all those who, through personal faith in Christ, have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit and that it is the Christian’s sacred duty to join with and become part of a congregation of believers (Acts 16:5; 1Cor 12:12,13; Eph 2:19-22; Heb 10:25).
- The Great Commission: We believe that the fulfilling of the Great Commission through worldwide evangelism and the making of disciples is one of the most important responsibilities of the Church (Matt 28:18-20; Jas 5:20; 2Pet 3:9).
- Civil Government: We believe that rulers and those in authority should be upheld in prayer at all times and that we should obey the laws of the land except in things that are opposed to the express will of God (Rom 13:1-7; 1Tim 2:1-4,8).
- Christ’s Return: We believe in Christ’s second coming as both imminent and personal, that He will return in power and great glory and in His present and everlasting dominion (Dan 7:14; Acts 1:8; 1Thess 4:16,17; Rev 1:7).
- Final Judgment: We believe in the final resurrection of both the saved and the lost, and that all humanity will ultimately stand before the judgment seat of God and enter into either an eternity with God, or an eternity separated from Him (2Cor 5:10; Rev 20:11-15).
- Heaven and Hell: We believe that Heaven is the glorious eternal home for those who are born-again believers in Christ; and that hell is the place of eternal separation from God for all those who reject Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (John 1:12,13; 2Thess 1:7-9; Rev 7:15-17; 20:10,15).
- World MAP is dedicated to fulfilling the Great Commission through its God-given assignment to train and equip leaders in the Church who will be godly and anointed (Matt 28:19,20).
- World MAP will always seek to advance the Kingdom of God and to fulfill the Father’s will, for every person and in every place this ministry has influence (Matt 6:10).
- World MAP will promote unity in the Body of Christ by keeping our primary emphasis on Jesus Christ Who is the Head of the Church (Eph 1:20-23). As a transdenominational ministry, World MAP will assist any church leader (in the nations we serve) who has believed on Christ for salvation and who teaches from the Bible as the Word of God.
- World MAP will, in its teachings and training, adhere to and promote the Bible as the inspired Word of God and our primary reference and source regarding faith, life and principles for ministry (2Tim 3:16,17).
- World MAP will seek to consistently lead pastors, church leaders and all believers to minister and live by the power, wisdom and leading of the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:25; 2Tim 1:7).
World MAP belongs to God, not to any person(s). Therefore, the Board of Directors and the Ministry Director will be faithful stewards of both the opportunities God gives for ministry and the resources He releases through His people to carry out that ministry. What follows are the key policies and guidelines that shape and guide our ministry stewardship:
World MAP is a non-profit ministry, overseen by an independent, voluntary Board of Directors, whose primary role is to protect and defend the moral and financial integrity of the organization.
The Board of Directors meets at least once annually to establish policy, govern affairs, establish staff compensations, and approve program budgets. World MAP’s ministry director ensures that all directives of the Board are implemented.
Every quarter, the Board receives a detailed financial report prepared by an independent accounting firm.
Each donation is a sacred trust. All donations to World MAP are used solely for supporting the ministry; those gifts that are designated for a specific ministry purpose are used 100% for that ministry purpose.
We promptly receipt all donations at the time of the gift.
We do not sell, loan, rent or distribute the mailing list of our friends and supporters. We use the most secure protections available for all of World MAP’s data and activities.
World MAP gives a tithe of all undesignated income to other like-focused ministries.
World MAP does not operate on borrowed funds for ministry purposes. We trust the Lord to confirm His leading by making provision in advance of ministry programs.
World MAP pays its bills on time – both as a moral obligation and because the witness of Christ is seen (or not) in everything we do as a Christian ministry.
World MAP’s accounting is done by an independent professional Christian accounting firm.
- It is both spiritual and scriptural to let your requests be made known to God and to cast the vision before His people, so that God’s people can respond as He prompts them (see Acts 11:27-30; Rom 15:26,27; 1Cor 16:1-4; 2Cor 8:1-12, 9:5-15; etc.).
- Because we respect you, we will accurately communicate the need and the urgency, trusting the Holy Spirit to stir the hearts of those He would lead to support World MAP’s ministry.
- We will maximize the benefit of every dollar given.
- World MAP will never knowingly receive support or other resources that should be directed to a church or another ministry endeavor.
Wendy and I are grateful that early on in our tenure at World MAP, the Lord directed us to “prune” the ministry and led us in creative ways to consolidate, economize and outsource – reducing World MAP’s annual operating expenses by more than 50%.
We believe that the Lord has helped us to balance faith for expanding need and vision with wisdom to fulfill the call within the bounds of what He is providing. Also, in faith, we believe the Lord has well positioned the ministry for healthy growth and expansion into the future as He leads and provides.
We trust that this brief overview of the stewardship guidelines for World MAP’s ministry will be an encouragement to you. We do not take lightly the favor God has given, or the trust you have in us.
– Dr. Frank and Wendy Parrish
World MAP Executive Directors